This forthcoming Saturday sees the 1st of the 10 National Series Shootout rounds starting at Skegness.
- The ten Shootout drivers have had their NS points zeroed, but then awarded one point for every NS round they attended during the season.
- At each Shootout round the ten drivers will be split evenly over the heats
- They will automatically be allocated a place in the Consolation and Grand National (if they and their cars are ready).
- The ten drivers are all classed as Superstars, and as such will start from the back of the grid behind the ‘Red Tops’.
- Points will be scored using the normal grading points system for the meeting format that is used.
- The Shootout culminates at the National Series finale where the drivers involved will score double points.
A draw was made (at Kings Lynn World Final meeting) for the starting positions of the first Shootout round :
|1st||Andy Smith (#391)||22|
|2nd||Tom Harris (#84)||21|
|3rd||Mark Gilbank (#21)||22|
|4th||Mat Newson (#16)||23|
|5th||Lee Robinson (#107)||16|
|6th||Stu Smith jnr (#390)||22|
|7th||Paul Hines (#259)||18|
|8th||Dan Johnson (#4)||23|
|9th||Frankie Wainman jnr (#515)||25|
|10th||Paul Harrison (#2)||21|
All subsequent rounds will be based on points scored, with the highest point scorer starting at the back.
This information is based on the Kings Lynn WF program, Stoxworld and the PA announcements at KL when completing the driver position draw for the first round.