Bev Greenhalf: Book of Condolences

PLEASE NOTE: The book of Condolence is now closed. Many thanks to all who took time to leave their thoughts. They will be passed onto Bev’s family.

We have been asked to set up a Book of Condolences in memory of the great Bev Greenhalf.

It is a chance for fans to share any thoughts and wishes, and celebrate any memories or stories they may have.

All messages will be compiled by Nina & Colin Elmer of Stoxworld and published into a book which will be passed onto the family.

Please Note:

• For obvious reasons, all comments will be moderated
  • Also needless to say, these comments are NOT for discussion purposes
  • Please use your real name, NOT an internet pseudonym
  • Do NOT use text speak
  • Double check your spelling and grammar before submitting your comment

Donations to be made to the BSCDA Trust Fund in Memory of Bev Greenhalf (The Voice of Brisca).
Cheques made payable to: BSCDA Trust Fund
Sent to: BSCDA Trust Fund, PO BOX 662, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX3 0WZFor obvious reasons, all comments will be moderated

Facebook Network:

What is this?

Responses

1. Martin O'Neill says:

February 2nd, 2012 at 6:50 am (#)

What can any of us say. I’ve known and worked alongside Bev since the mid Seventies he was always a true gent, and even when our opinions differed we always parted on good terms, Bev was a true supporter to the National MiniStox Club taking an interest and fighting their corner when he could.
    Bev will be truly missed, my condolences to Dot and the family.

Martin & Kerry O’Neill

2. Revd Adrian Smith says:

February 2nd, 2012 at 1:18 pm (#)

May Bev rest in peace, never to be forgotten.
    Much love to his family and many friends,
    Revd Adrian Smith.

3. philip chance says:

February 3rd, 2012 at 7:59 am (#)

i knew bev from the early days when he was just one of the boys we all stood together and watched the likes of smithy ansell..esau…neal..cronny…rogers willie etc then bev took over as the voice of the sport from peter arnold who tragically died in a car crash..but he never forgot his mates….and gave so much time and effort to the veterans association…r.i.p bev
    phil chance v.s.c.a. chairman

4. john and ann says:

February 8th, 2012 at 6:41 pm (#)

After 40 years of friendship and laughter Bev the man who helped to pioneer the 6 wheel f1 stockcar with john.He was the greatest commintatoron brisca f1 stock cars will always be remembered by JOHN and ANN STIRK.

5. Jeff Harborne says:

February 8th, 2012 at 6:50 pm (#)

R.i.p your voice will always be heard in my head and thats a pleasure to have.
    Jeff Harborne Race fan

6. Victor peake says:

February 8th, 2012 at 7:18 pm (#)

Bev will be missed very much he was a gentleman and to me he is on the same level as murray walker in grand prix racing. To me he was mr brisca good night god bless.

7. Steve Hibben says:

February 8th, 2012 at 10:00 pm (#)

Like many others I knew Bev from the early days when we watched stock car racing from the terraces. And as time went by I admired his skills as a commentator, journalist and administrator. Everyone will have different memories, one of my favourites, his opening line to one of his early commentaries “If you think you can hear thunder its not, its the butterflies in my stomach doing the military two step”.
    Great memories of a great guy. cheers mate Steve.

8. Toon & Anja Kerkhof says:

February 10th, 2012 at 5:25 pm (#)

Very sad Bev is not there anymore,but we always remember him
    as a very nice and friendly person.
    we will never forget him,and will be always in our mind!

9. paul collins says:

February 11th, 2012 at 9:09 am (#)

Rip. Bev, the man on the mic for brisca f1, lots of good memories of racing over the years at many of the uk’s tracks and warneton’08. I will miss picking you up to go racing as sometimes we would get in foc!!!! Love to all your family paul and gemma

10. Nick Hoyes says:

February 12th, 2012 at 7:40 pm (#)

The one & only voice of stockcar racing always remembered never forgotten R.I.P Bev

11. Nick Walduck says:

February 15th, 2012 at 8:39 am (#)

To me Bev you was the voice of Brafield and always will be nobody could ever fill the seat and commentate like you , I have been coming to Brafield since 1976 , I raced a stock rod for 6 years and had and heard the pleasure of you saying my name over the speakers many a time , you will be sadly missed and I will miss saying good afternoon to you every time I saw you , God bless Bev may you rest in peace

12. Alan Keeling says:

February 16th, 2012 at 12:06 am (#)

RIP Bev, you will be sadly missed by thousands on and off the terraces and be remembered by countless fans who haven’t been racing for decades. Your commentary is as synonymous to F1 Stock Cars as the Rinky Dink tune is to a rolling lap at Brafield. What a tough act to follow.

Alan Keeling (ex mini-stox 229)

13. Adam Ford says:

February 17th, 2012 at 8:14 am (#)

See you Bev, you were and always will be the man with the mike.

You will be always remembered.

Adam

14. A.B. Whittam says:

February 18th, 2012 at 4:00 am (#)

I cannot remember how I met Bev, but it must have been down to photographs for the Stockcar Supporter Magazine.
    Bev “promoted” me to Charles Ochiltree and I added Coventry and Leicester to my “official photographer” list, likewise John LaTrobe at Brafield at Bevs intervention allowed me onto the centre at Brafield. Without Bev’s help who knows how things would have been. In that way he touched my life and I wonder how many more lifes’s changed for the better when guided by his gentle manner and advice.
    Bevs was truly one the really nice guys, a gentle honest and helpful guy and never a wrong word for anybody.
    I know KB is regarded as “Mr Brisca” and rightly so…but surely Bev Greenhalgh was the “Voice of Brisca”.

R.I.P. Bev